“A firm grows based on its personnel. If you have good people and they work together, you’re going to have a good firm…and that’s what we have.” –George Lionakis
Lionakis is looking for more good people to join our team. Founded in 1909, Lionakis is a multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm built on the values of relationships, performance, and design. We are currently seeking a Senior Designer in our Newport Beach Office.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work alongside industry leaders who create learning environments, healing spaces, and workplaces where people flourish—providing design that matters throughout California and Hawaii.
- Our Newport office has been awarded LEED Silver for its incorporation of sustainable features. You’ll enjoy day-lighting, eco-conscious bamboo flooring, collaborative workspaces, and all-around beautiful design within our open office setting. The building features multiple outdoor seating areas, an on-site café, and parking.
- We offer a rich benefits package which includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision care; long-term disability; long-term care insurance; life and accidental death insurance; a 401(k) matching program; and a generous PTO policy.
- Lionakis believes in giving back to the communities in which we work and live. The Lionakis Foundation is committed to improving the health, education, and sustainability of the regions we serve through an employee-driven giving program. We are on track to build a $1 million endowment by 2027, allowing us to positively impact our communities now and into the future.
- You’ll have access to some of the best training in the industry. We run an enviable in-house Revit training program, offer full access to the Lynda.com training libraries, and encourage a collaborative environment with colleagues who are willing and eager to share their knowledge.
Let us prove it to you: 50% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 5 years. 30% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 10 years. We are proud of our firm and think that you will be, too.
What we’re looking for:
Lionakis is currently seeking a Senior Designer to join our Southern California Civic team. The Civic team works on the following range of projects: county, city, utilities, and public safety projects as well as courthouses and correctional institutions. This position will be based out of our Newport Beach office. We believe that teamwork and collaboration will enhance the success of our projects and provide candidates an opportunity to learn and grow in our profession.
The Senior Designer will work with a team and be involved in all phases of the projects from schematic design through construction documents and assist in the construction administration phase. The Senior Designer is an advanced-level designer working towards the ultimate goal of becoming a licensed Architect. This individual must have at least 7 years of architectural design experience and proficiency with Revit is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in a team environment and collaborates with others.
- Is prepared and able to participate in all phases of the design process.
- Produces accurate work as a part of a coordinated project team and may mentor less experienced staff.
- Develops solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
- Provides technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Coordinates specifications and drawings including consultant coordination, and is capable of making independent decisions for projects and project teams.
- Participate in Construction administration for projects and works with project leaders on issues affecting budget, construction costs, schedule, and legal/liability related issues for the Firm.
- May assists project leaders in preparation of project management plans
- Understands time management and utilizes project management tools.
- Develops presentation materials to support project team’s design and marketing efforts.
- Learns and applies office standards of design, quality control, and production.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- 7 years architectural design experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Civic or Criminal Justice projects is a plus, but not required.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
If you’d like to join us in designing a better future, apply here.