What we’re looking for:
Lionakis is currently seeking a Senior Construction Manager to join our Southern California Healthcare team. This position will be based out of our Newport Beach office. We believe that teamwork and collaboration will enhance the success of our projects and provide candidates an opportunity to learn and grow.
The Senior Construction Manager must have 12 years of architectural design experience, including experience with California Healthcare projects. This person is the project construction administration leader for multiple-complex projects. The Senior Construction Manager will provide project direction and guidance to project team and is responsible for project administration direction in support of client expectations, managing team resources, and in maintaining project budgets. Lionakis utilizes Revit, leverages BIM technology at the highest level, and provides advanced training for our teams. Construction Administration experience is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project leader for multiple, complex projects providing key decision making and direction for project team(s); responsible for project direction in support of client expectations
- Direct interaction with OSHPD field staff, Inspector of Record, client and construction representatives
- Directs and mentors less experienced staff; participates in human resource issues such as staff performance reviews and conflict resolutions
- Participates in firm-wide focus groups and develops materials suitable for inclusion in improvement processes and training
- Develops project management tools in collaboration with PIC(s) and/or studio leader(s)
- Responsible for review of project administration budget reports and client/consultant invoices
- Responsible for managing team resources; advises studio leader(s) of resource and schedule needs
- Assists in the development of proposals with PIC(s) and/or studio leader(s); participates in client interviews and development of marketing efforts
- Manages adherence to office standards of design, quality control, and production
- Reviews and assures document accuracy for client(s), consultant(s) and project team(s)
- Responsible for QA/QC processes; evaluates and assures intent of recommendations are implemented; assures "lessons learned" are communicated to the QA/QC council
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent, and 12 years architectural design experience preferred, or 15 years related architectural design experience
- Experience with Construction Administration
- Experience with California Healthcare / OSHPD projects
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Experience with Revit
Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent.
“A firm grows based on its personnel. If you have good people and they work together, you’re going to have a good firm…and that’s what we have.” –George Lionakis
Lionakis is looking for more good people to join our team. Founded in 1909, Lionakis is a multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm built on the values of relationships, performance, and design. We are currently seeking a Senior Construction Manager in our Newport Beach Office.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work alongside industry leaders who create learning environments, healing spaces, and workplaces where people flourish—providing design that matters throughout California and Hawaii.
- Our Newport office has been awarded LEED Silver for its incorporation of sustainable features. You’ll enjoy day-lighting, eco-conscious bamboo flooring, collaborative workspaces, and all-around beautiful design within our open office setting. The building features multiple outdoor seating areas, an on-site café, and parking.
- We offer a rich benefits package which includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision care; long-term disability; long-term care insurance; life and accidental death insurance; a 401(k) matching program; and a generous PTO policy.
- Lionakis believes in giving back to the communities in which we work and live. The Lionakis Foundation is committed to improving the health, education, and sustainability of the regions we serve through an employee-driven giving program. We are on track to build a $1 million endowment by 2027, allowing us to positively impact our communities now and into the future.
- You’ll have access to some of the best training in the industry. We run an enviable in-house Revit training program, offer full access to the Lynda.com training libraries, and encourage a collaborative environment with colleagues who are willing and eager to share their knowledge.
Let us prove it to you: 50% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 5 years. 30% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 10 years. We are proud of our firm and think that you will be, too.
If you’d like to join us in designing a better future, apply here.