What we’re looking for:
Lionakis is currently seeking a Senior Architect to join our Southern California Healthcare team. This position will be based out of our Newport Beach office. We believe that teamwork and collaboration will enhance the success of our projects and provide candidates an opportunity to learn and grow.
This licensed Architect must have 10 years of architectural design experience, including experience with California Healthcare projects. Lionakis utilizes Revit, leverages BIM technology at the highest level, and provides advanced training for our teams. This individual must have experience with Revit and have a thorough understanding of all phases of a project, from design to construction. Construction Administration experience with OSHPD and local jurisdictions is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
- Responsible for technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Responsible for construction administration for complex projects, identifying for project leaders issues affecting project budget, construction costs, schedule, and legal/liability related issues for the firm.
- Assists project leaders in preparation of project management plans. Adheres to project management plans as determined by project leaders.
- Capable of making independent judgments and decisions for projects and project teams.
- Directs project teams for completion of tasks consistent with project management plans on large projects and may be responsible for leading small projects.
- Directs project team consistent with office standards for design, quality control, and production.
- Advises project leaders of potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule on larger projects and may develop proposals with assistance of PIC and Studio Leader for small projects.
- Responsible for coordination of specifications and drawings, including consultant coordination of complex projects.
- Coordinates QA/QC processes and implements QA/QC recommendations.
- Reviews and evaluates documents for accuracy and coordination for consultants and project teams.
- Mentors/coaches less experienced staff.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- 10 years architectural design experience
- California architectural license
- Experience with Construction Administration
- OSHPD experience
- Experience with California Healthcare projects
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Revit
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
“A firm grows based on its personnel. If you have good people and they work together, you’re going to have a good firm…and that’s what we have.” –George Lionakis
Lionakis is looking for more good people to join our team. Founded in 1909, Lionakis is a multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm built on the values of relationships, performance, and design. We are currently seeking a Senior Architect in our Newport Office.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work alongside industry leaders who create learning environments, healing spaces, and workplaces where people flourish—providing design that matters throughout California and Hawaii.
- Our Newport office has been awarded LEED Silver for its incorporation of sustainable features. You’ll enjoy day-lighting, eco-conscious bamboo flooring, collaborative workspaces, and all-around beautiful design within our open office setting. The building features multiple outdoor seating areas, an on-site café, and parking.
- We offer a rich benefits package which includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision care; long-term disability; long-term care insurance; life and accidental death insurance; a 401(k) matching program; and a generous PTO policy.
- Lionakis believes in giving back to the communities in which we work and live. The Lionakis Foundation is committed to improving the health, education, and sustainability of the regions we serve through an employee-driven giving program. We are on track to build a $1 million endowment by 2027, allowing us to positively impact our communities now and into the future.
- You’ll have access to some of the best training in the industry. We run an enviable in-house Revit training program, offer full access to the Lynda.com training libraries, and encourage a collaborative environment with colleagues who are willing and eager to share their knowledge.
Let us prove it to you: 50% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 5 years. 30% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 10 years. We are proud of our firm and think that you will be, too.
If you’d like to join us in designing a better future, apply here.