What we’re looking for:
Lionakis is currently seeking a Project Manager/Project Architect to join our Southern California Healthcare team. This position will be based out of our Newport Beach office. We believe that teamwork and collaboration will enhance the success of our projects and provide candidates an opportunity to learn and grow in our profession.
The Project Manager/Project Architect is on licensure-track or is a licensed Architect and must have 7+ years of architectural design experience. Lionakis utilizes Revit, leverages BIM technology at the highest level, and provides advanced training for our teams. This individual must have a thorough understanding of all phases of a project from design to construction, including an understanding of programming and planning. Experience with Revit preferred. Kaiser experience is strongly preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in a team environment and collaborates with others.
- Is prepared and able to participate in all phases of the design process.
- May direct and produce accurate work as a part of a coordinated project team and may mentor less experienced staff.
- Develops solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
- Provides technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Coordinates specifications and drawings including consultant coordination, and is capable of making independent decisions for projects and project teams.
- Participate in Construction administration for projects and works with project leaders on issues affecting budget, construction costs, schedule, and legal/liability related issues for the Firm.
- May assists project leaders in preparation of project management plans
- Understands time management and utilizes project management tools.
- Develops presentation materials to support project team’s design and marketing efforts.
- Learns, applies and directs project team consistent with office standards for design, quality control, and production.
- Coordinates QA/QC processes and implements QA/QC recommendations.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- 7+ years architectural design experience.
- California architectural license or licensure-track
- Experience with California Healthcare projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Revit.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Kaiser experience strongly preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
“A firm grows based on its personnel. If you have good people and they work together, you’re going to have a good firm…and that’s what we have.” –George Lionakis
Lionakis is looking for more good people to join our team. Founded in 1909, Lionakis is a multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm built on the values of relationships, performance, and design. We are currently seeking a Project Manager/Project Architect in our Newport Office.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work alongside industry leaders who create learning environments, healing spaces, and workplaces where people flourish—providing design that matters throughout California and Hawaii.
- Our Newport office has been awarded LEED Silver for its incorporation of sustainable features. You’ll enjoy day-lighting, eco-conscious bamboo flooring, collaborative workspaces, and all-around beautiful design within our open office setting. The building features multiple outdoor seating areas, an on-site café, and parking.
- We offer a rich benefits package which includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision care; long-term disability; long-term care insurance; life and accidental death insurance; a 401(k) matching program; and a generous PTO policy.
- Lionakis believes in giving back to the communities in which we work and live. The Lionakis Foundation is committed to improving the health, education, and sustainability of the regions we serve through an employee-driven giving program. We are on track to build a $1 million endowment by 2027, allowing us to positively impact our communities now and into the future.
- You’ll have access to some of the best training in the industry. We run an enviable in-house Revit training program, offer full access to the Lynda.com training libraries, and encourage a collaborative environment with colleagues who are willing and eager to share their knowledge.
Let us prove it to you: 50% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 5 years. 30% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 10 years. We are proud of our firm and think that you will be, too
If you’d like to join us in designing a better future, apply here.