- If you are a curious, inquisitive, enthusiastic problem solver...
- If you desire on-the-ground field experience, as well as an office environment...
- If you enjoy digging deeply into construction documents and evaluating materials and systems...
- If you can accommodate rapid schedule turnarounds and appreciate good writing...
- If you are broadly interested in the built environment, its development, construction, defects, maintenance, financing, and improvement...
You may be the team member we are seeking.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical Skill Set - What you enjoy:
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Complete team projects within tight deadlines
- Self-directed learner
- Code and materials research
- Cost projection and evaluation
Typical Work Product - What you'll be doing:
- Pre-Construction Project Review (PPR)
- New Construction Owner's Representation (ORNC)
- Construction Loan Monitoring (CLM)
- Property Condition Assessments (PCA) - http://astm.org/Standards/E2018.htm
- Disabled Accessibility Surveys (CASp) - http://www.dgs.ca.gov/casp
- Quality Control (QC/QA)
We appreciate a well-rounded individual, but are more interested in a well-rounded team. What can we learn from you? What do you want to accomplish here?
Valued specialized knowledge includes:
- Exterior wall construction
- ADA / FHA analysis
- Construction project management
Requirements - What you should already have:
- Professional degree in process or completed in one of the following disciplines: Architecture, Building Science, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, Facilities Management, or related field
- 2 to 5 years of office and in-field construction administration experience
- Intern Architect or Engineering (EIT) license track desirable
- Completion of Pre-Design and Design categories IDP requirements is strongly preferred.
Benefits - What we'll set you up with:
We offer long-term career advancement opportunities and an excellent benefits package that includes company paid group medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, 401(k) plan with company match, company cellphone/reimbursement, generous vacation, holiday,and sick time, and profit-sharing. In addition, we give all employees a small stipend and an annual week of unscheduled R&D/Maintenance time for goal-setting, research, continuing education and the focused improvement of our professional craft.
Company Description - About us:
Marx|Okubo Associates, Inc.'s nationwide staff of architects and engineers evaluate buildings prior to, during, and well after construction. We serve as consultants to building owners, managers, and tenants to check plans, review contracts, analyze costs, evaluate quality, recommend repairs, and identify and mitigate risks as a part of the construction process.
Architecture, development, engineering, design, construction, environmental issues, project management, and finance - we work as an impartial affiliate, providing valued third-party perspective and analysis of the construction process and product. We pursue quality craftsmanship, technical expertise, professional integrity, and sustainable profitability.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate "Project Coordinator-SantaAna" in the subject line of the email.
Marx|Okubo Associates, Inc.
4 Hutton Centre, Suite 950
Santa Ana, CA 92707