We are seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with K-12 and higher education market experience for our Costa Mesa office. The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years of experience in School design. We work with K-12 School Districts, Community College Districts and CSU/ University clients developing facilities master plans, Providing Bond support, designing new buildings on existing campuses and new schools, and complete site modernization. In this position, you will manage the project from the beginning of design through construction closeout. You will coordinate with clients, consultants, contractors and all other project stakeholders. You will oversee setting up critical project base plans and ensure they meet project scoping. You are responsible for the production of high quality Design Development plans and Construction Documents and keeping the project on schedule and within budget requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical tasks include:
• Manage production team
• Meet project deadlines and schedules
• Keep projects within budgets
• Coordinate and review the ATI team and sub-consultant’s Construction Documents
• Monitor scope to ensure consistency with the contract and compliance as directed by the Client
• Keep open lines of communication with the project team.
• Mentor your project team
Job Requirements include:
• California Licensed Architect
• 5-8 years of experience in designing and managing Educational projects
• Strong technical and people skills
• Understanding of client relations, planning, budgeting, and execution of work concepts
• Comprehensive knowledge of latest software used in Architecture
• Entrepreneurial spirit
Accredited Bachelors Degree in Architecture required
Salary: $90K-$110K, DOE
In addition, ATI offers a competitive compensation package that includes benefits, vacation, sick time, 401(K) match and bonus opportunities.
ATI is again honored to be named one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in the East Bay, as well as ranked No. 29 on the Top 50 Bay Area Architecture Firms and No. 86 on the Leading Private Companies in the East Bay’s lists by San Francisco Business Times. ATI is also recognized by ENR as No. 72 on the Top 100 Design Firms in California and No. 53 on Hot Firms List by Zweig Group for 2017.
An abbreviated list of our notable clients include California State University - East Bay, Stanford Children’s Health, California State Department of General Services, BART, California Military, and over 80 School Districts in addition to many other local public and private organizations. Visit www.atiae.com to learn more about ATI and our projects.
ATI Architects and Engineers is a part of the Planning Architecture Engineering Alliance, Inc. (PAEA). Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, PAEA is comprised of four main firms, each independently operated.
- AC Martin – Los Angeles-based Architecture, Planning, Interiors and Research firm with a vast design portfolio spanning over 100 years in Corporate, Commercial, Institutional, and Higher Education sectors.
- ATI Architects and Engineers – California-based (San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County) Architecture and Engineering leaders in K-12 Education, Industrial, and Government sectors.
- Togawa Smith Martin – Los Angeles-based design firm, recognized as leaders in Multi-Family Residential and Mixed-Use Retail/Residential architecture.
- PFVS – Atlanta-based, full service Architecture, Planning, and Interiors firm specializing in Hospitality Design across the US.