We have an opening for a Full Time Job Captain for our Architecture Department in our Costa Mesa office. We are seeking a Job Captain who has Industrial, Commercial, Mixed Use, Cold Storage and/or Food Processing design experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in architectural design and technical supervision and project management. In this position you will be involved from the beginning of the project design through construction closeout.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical tasks include:
- Performs architecture design and detailing
- Coordinates with the project team including architects, designers, and engineers
- Supervises the technical work of others and reviews their drawings
- Assists the PM in developing project budgets and project schedules
- Keeps the project team organized by planning and directing all phases of the project
- Field work for verification of existing and as-built conditions
- Coordinates the project submittals with Division of State Architect (DSA) and/or local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
The successful candidate will have experience with and/or understanding of the following:
- Institutional, Commercial, and/or Industrial
- Strong experience in AutoCAD
- Revit skills are a must
- Ability to complete work on time, within budget, with a high degree of client satisfaction
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize work with no supervision
- Mature judgment, tact, diplomacy, and firm grasp of the technical aspects of design projects
Accredited Architectural Degree required
Salary: $75-$90K, DOE
In addition, ATI offers a competitive compensation package that includes benefits, vacation, sick time, 401(K) match and bonus opportunities.
ATI is again honored to be named one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in the East Bay, as well as ranked No. 29 on the Top 50 Bay Area Architecture Firms and No. 86 on the Leading Private Companies in the East Bay’s lists by San Francisco Business Times. ATI is also recognized by ENR as No. 72 on the Top 100 Design Firms in California and No. 53 on Hot Firms List by Zweig Group for 2017.
An abbreviated list of our notable clients include California State University - East Bay, Stanford Children’s Health, California State Department of General Services, BART, California Military, and over 80 School Districts in addition to many other local public and private organizations. Visit www.atiae.com to learn more about ATI and our projects.
ATI Architects and Engineers is a part of the Planning Architecture Engineering Alliance, Inc. (PAEA). Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, PAEA is comprised of four main firms, each independently operated.
- AC Martin – Los Angeles-based Architecture, Planning, Interiors and Research firm with a vast design portfolio spanning over 100 years in Corporate, Commercial, Institutional, and Higher Education sectors.
- ATI Architects and Engineers – California-based (San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Orange County) Architecture and Engineering leaders in K-12 Education, Industrial, and Government sectors.
- Togawa Smith Martin – Los Angeles-based design firm, recognized as leaders in Multi-Family Residential and Mixed-Use Retail/Residential architecture.
- PFVS – Atlanta-based, full service Architecture, Planning, and Interiors firm specializing in Hospitality Design across the US.