“A firm grows based on its personnel. If you have good people and they work together, you’re going to have a good firm…and that’s what we have.” –George Lionakis
Lionakis is looking for more good people to join our team. Founded in 1909, Lionakis is a multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm built on the values of relationships, performance, and design. We are currently seeking an Associate in our Sacramento, San Francisco or Newport Beach Office.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work alongside industry leaders who create learning environments, healing spaces, and workplaces where people flourish—providing design that matters throughout California and Hawaii.
- We offer a rich benefits package which includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care; long-term disability; long-term care insurance; life and accidental death insurance; a 401(k) matching program; and a generous paid time off policy.
- Lionakis believes in giving back to the communities in which we work and live. The Lionakis Foundation is committed to improving the health, education, and sustainability of the regions we serve through an employee-driven giving program. We are on track to build a $1 million endowment by 2027, allowing us to positively impact our communities now and into the future.
- You’ll have access to some of the best training in the industry. We run an enviable in-house Revit training program, offer full access to the Lynda.com training libraries, and encourage a collaborative environment with colleagues who are willing and eager to share their knowledge.
Let us prove it to you: 50% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 5 years. 30% of employees have been with Lionakis for over 10 years. We are proud of our firm and think that you will be, too.
What we’re looking for:
Lionakis is currently seeking an Associate to join our Civic team. This position will be based out of our Sacramento, San Francisco, or Newport Beach office. The Civic team works on the following range of projects: county, city, utilities, and public safety projects as well as courthouses and correctional institutions. The Associate is part of the management team of the Civic studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the project leader for multiple projects, providing key decision-making and direction for project teams; responsible for project direction in support of client expectations.
- Identifies and participates in business development and new client acquisition efforts; cultivates and maintains client relationships.
- Responsible for the development of project budgets and accurately tracking project performance.
- Effectively manages project team resources to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Develops proposals with the assistance of the PIC or Studio Lead; participates in client interviews and project pursuit efforts.
- Ensures adherence to Lionakis standards of design, quality control, financial management and production.
- Reviews and assures document accuracy for clients, consultants, and project teams.
- Responsible for assuring there is a QA/QC processes on each project
- Directs and mentors project team and less-experienced staff
- Facilities professional development opportunities for staff and manages the evaluation of employee performance.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- California architectural license
- 10 + years architectural design experience
- Experience with public sector and design build experience strongly preferred
- Large project experience preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
If you’d like to join us in designing a better future, apply here.
EOE m/f/d/v | Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.