Ware Malcomb is hiring an Architecture Project Manager/Laboratory Planner for our Science & Technology Group in Irvine CA.
The successful Science & Technology candidate will be responsible for leading several projects concurrently. This individual should preferably have broad project knowledge focusing on Pharmaceutical, Biotech, R&D Laboratories and Manufacturing environments.
Ware Malcomb is an international design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the world. Founded in 1972, Ware Malcomb offers planning, architecture, interior design, civil engineering, branding and sustainable design services to diverse clients.
Ware Malcomb offers the best of both worlds, a small office supportive and nurturing work environment with large company amenities and resources which provides amazing opportunity for internal growth. Ware Malcomb offers a whole life balance, health-focused company culture, competitive salary and overall benefits package.
Ware Malcomb has earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Orange County Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Orange County!
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess project requirements and work with team to identify work scope, project budget and resource requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Individual should be able to interact with code officials and other design professionals to resolve complex code issues.
- Hazardous material containment knowledge with respect to life science, pharmaceutical and manufacturing environments.
- GMP and FDA regulatory understanding with respect to Cleanroom classifications.
- Preparation and management of Project Work Plan and Schedule.
- Working closely with Studio Manager to achieve S&T Group’s financial goals.
- Assist in mentoring and development efforts of junior staff.
- Successful candidate will act as a design resource for our national and international offices.
- Laboratory planning.
- Promote use and participate in the development of company’s design and production standards.
- Coordinate the production of equipment plans and schedules.
- Support internal QA/QC and project coordination.
- 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Lab Planner working on relevant Science & Technology projects
- Excellent communication skills, a great personality and a strong work ethic
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, REVIT, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Deltek Vision experience is preferred.
- Experience working with clients, as part of a team and be able to work independently
- Proven ability to manage schedule and budget for multiple projects of various sizes.
- This position may involve some domestic travel.
** Must be legally able to work in the United States**