Ware Malcomb is hiring a Commercial Architecture Job Captain in our Irvine, CA corporate headquarters.
Ware Malcomb provides its employees with a “small office” collaborative environment fostering individual growth, while supporting staff with the resources, benefits and amenities of a large firm. The company offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plans with employer matching, and annual bonuses. In addition, Ware Malcomb institutes a company-wide mentoring program, a wellness program, and continuous staff training. We are committed to the development of talented individuals who are experienced or interested in Commercial projects.
The Commercial Architecture Studio in Irvine offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of project types. Our portfolio currently includes ground-up office, industrial, build-to-suit, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, restaurant, auto and transforms of existing buildings. Join our team of talented staff who excel in the successful management and completion of projects while providing excellent client service.
Ware Malcomb has earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Orange County Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Orange County!
Duties & Responsibilities
Job Captains are highly motivated problem solvers who take charge of the project with support from the Project Manager and keep projects moving forward efficiently. Job Captains provide coordination and quality assurance of documents required to complete a project. Job Captains are accountable for leading consultant coordination and the coordination of internal resources.
Architecture Job Captain Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience working on commercial, retail and/or industrial projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical capabilities and experience using Revit and AutoCAD to complete a full set of contract documents as well as maintaining project drawings.
- Excellent written and communication skills – able to understand project goals and deliverables; initiate and maintain contact with other key project individuals for clarification and coordination of critical issues.
- Relevant experience with Accessibility, building codes and permits.
- Experience assisting Project Manager in construction administration tasks.
- Aptitude to effectively meet deadlines, manage multiple assignments and multi-task while producing a quality product.
- Experience using Newforma preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture preferred.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**
Submit resume: http://www.waremalcomb.com/careers