The Design Coordinator works with the Project Architect to develop design concepts that are incorporated in the final project. The Design Coordinator, in the role of technical team leader, may begin to handle some project management tasks under the direction of the Project Architect, but will primarily work on technical aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Design Coordinator (DC) is expected to assist in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided for in the work plan. The DC works under minimal supervision under the direction of the various Project Architects according to assignment. The DC may have some Client contact for project review and contractor and consultant coordination. The DC must have the ability to communicate with the project construction team to minimize misunderstanding and conflicts, as well as promote coordination and cooperation of the in-house project team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Assist Project Architect with Client and project coordination and management;
- Manage projects of limited scope under supervision of Project Architect;
- Coordinate construction document preparation and analyze building/zoning code;
- Ensure compliance with design intent and coordination with specification;
- Review work of consultants for coordination purposes;
- Respond to bid inquiries regarding pre-bid approvals and prepare addenda;
- Provide assistance in construction administration;
- Prepare project correspondence;
- Conduct on-site observations as directed by Project Architect;
- Prepare observation reports when appropriate;
- Review submittal as needed;
- Assist in project close-out efforts including punch list;
- Meet with governmental agencies or officials as needed.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with construction document preparation and field observation;
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit;
- Competent knowledge of the use of building codes and other related regulations;
- Competent knowledge of construction materials, specifications and techniques;
- Experience in dealing with governmental agencies, codes and ordinances;
- Ability to communicate with Clients, consultants and contractors;
- Sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to coordinate work;
- Sufficient knowledge of the construction process to coordinate project with contractor.
An architectural degree from a U.S. accredited institution is preferred, but not required. A technical degree or certificate will be considered.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Generally, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package; including medical and dental insurance, a generous PTO (Paid Time Off) plan, 401k plan and annual bonus (corresponding to the Company's performance).
Please submit cover letter and resume via email. No phone calls please.
For more information about our Firm and to learn about the exciting projects that we have been involved in, please visit us at www.BastienArchitects.com